[jdom-interest] printEntity() default behavior

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Jun 21 12:25:50 PDT 2000

Currently, when XMLOutputter outputs a document, it uses general entity
references like &stat; to output any Entity nodes. In other words, it
does not merge the entity's contents into the output document. Is this
indeed the default behavior we want? Or would it be better to actually
include the content of the entity directly in the output document?

Note, that whichever default behavior we pick, my revision of
XMLOutputter allow subclasses to change this behavior relatively easily
(which they can't easily do now) so we aren't locking ourselves into one
approach, no matter which way we go.

|               Java I/O (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999)               |
|            http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/books/javaio/            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1565924851/cafeaulaitA/   |