[jdom-interest] jdom.jar file naming convention

Alex Chaffee guru at edamame.stinky.com
Thu Jun 22 15:26:07 PDT 2000

I have a request.  In future versions, please name the jar file
"jdom.jar" and not "jdom-b5.jar".  That way users don't have to change
their classpaths, and/or rename files, and/or worry about old versions
laying around.  We can just unzip and go.

Conversely, the tarball should be named jdom-b5.tar.gz (or .zip), so
we can keep separate versions in the same directory without undue
renaming hassles.

But it should contain a directory called "jdom".  (This point is the
most debatable.)

This is a common point of confusion and non-standardization across all
of software; I believe the strategy I outlined makes the most sense.

Thanks -

 - Alex

Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex at jguru.com