[jdom-interest] any cisco employees on this mailing list?

Richard Landon RLandon at youbet.com
Wed Nov 8 17:35:22 PST 2000

Here's what I'd say:

(1) JDOM is, in fact, w3c.dom api (can convert back and forth between JDOM
documents and w3c.dom documents)
(2) JDOM is for Java: It simplifies XML api into a content more natural for
Java development
(3) JDOM continues the process of streamlining XML for Java, in that in
builds on and extends the JAXP technology from Javasoft
(4) JDOM has Apache Xerces XML DOM parser, bundled in, for free.

Regards, Rick Landon