[jdom-interest] xml:lang and compilation problems

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Mon Sep 11 14:35:01 PDT 2000

> org.xml.sax.SAXException: The name "xml" is not legal for JDOM/XML
> Namespace pre
> fixs: Namespace prefixes cannot begin with "xml" in any combination of
> case.
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:878)
>         at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:302)
>         at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:373)
>         at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:354)
>         at ReceiveRequest.read(ReceiveRequest.java:104)
>         at ReceiveRequest.main(ReceiveRequest.java:77)
>
> Is anybody aware of a work around?

I thought this was working, and someone else confirmed the latest code
worked.  I suggest you start up a debugger and see why the special case
logic for xml:lang isn't being invoked.

> I also have problems compiling.

>     [javac] C:\java\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\input\DOMBuilder.java:416:
>              Method getPublicId() not found in interface
> org.w3c.dom.DocumentType.
>     [javac]                 String publicID = domDocType.getPublicId();

You have an old DOM at the head of your classpath.  This has been
covered about 10 times before, scan the archives for that error msg for
details.  (It's in my queue to add it to the faq.)