[jdom-interest] [Off topic] Java equivalent to C printf()

James Sinnamon sinnamon at usq.edu.au
Mon Apr 9 14:23:24 PDT 2001

My apologies for this 'off topic' question, but I don't know a suitable list to post
the question to.
I am hopeful that someone out there might know the answer.

Essentially I am interested to know, how in Java, one accomplishes the same sort of
string formatting
that is accomplished by the C printf() and sprintf() functions.  I have trawled through
so many
books on Java and Java reference books, but the information does not seem to be there.

As I am unable to find this information, my string formatting code is extremely ugly
and verbose,
and the output still looks ghastly.

James Sinnamon  sinnamon at usq.edu.au

ph 07 46315566,  0412 319669