[jdom-interest] [Off topic] Java equivalent to C printf()

Kesav Kumar kesavk at voquette.com
Mon Apr 9 09:35:21 PDT 2001

Look the new JSR-51.

Kesav Kumar
Software Engineer
Voquette, Inc.
650 356 3740
mailto:kesavk at voquette.com
Voquette...Delivering Sound Information

-----Original Message-----
From: James Sinnamon [mailto:sinnamon at usq.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 2:23 PM
To: jdom-interest at jdom.org
Subject: [jdom-interest] [Off topic] Java equivalent to C printf()

My apologies for this 'off topic' question, but I don't know a suitable list
to post
the question to.
I am hopeful that someone out there might know the answer.

Essentially I am interested to know, how in Java, one accomplishes the same
sort of
string formatting
that is accomplished by the C printf() and sprintf() functions.  I have
trawled through
so many
books on Java and Java reference books, but the information does not seem to
be there.

As I am unable to find this information, my string formatting code is
extremely ugly
and verbose,
and the output still looks ghastly.

James Sinnamon  sinnamon at usq.edu.au