[jdom-interest] JDOM and proxy servers

Mon Apr 9 08:07:44 PDT 2001

I'm fairly new to XML so this might be an easy question...

I'm getting an error when I call SAXBuilder.build(URL) method.  The
exception is not sending back a line number from the XML document

java.io.IOException: Problems occurred:Error in building: user at

After looking at the SAXBuilder source I was wondering if it checks files
over the internet.  I've seen some problems with other apps using DTDs
that attempt to validate with a base document from within a firewall.  Is
there a problem using JDOM with a proxy server?  Is there a way around it?

Thanks for any help

Jonathan Bricker
Lilly Research Labs
Java ATG