[jdom-interest] JDOM and XSL

Jan Peter Hecking jan at netgaroo.com
Wed Feb 7 12:54:47 PST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:54:03AM -0800, Charlie Wu wrote:
> I tried to play with your code with some minor alterations .. and I believe
> I am using the latest xalan-j(2.0) and xerces.jar.. however when I tried to
> run my program I'm getting this error (in debugger, if I run it directly it
> hangs).. any ideas?
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Namespace not supported by
> SAXParser

Sorry I have no idea why you get this exception.
But may I ask why you use JDOM at all? If you are starting with a
XML file and want to get another XML file there's no reason to
convert either source or result to JDOM first.

What you do right now looks something like this:

But realy you want this:

        XML -> XSLT -> XML

Take a look at the attached XML2HTML.java. It's a lot simpler - and
it works! ;-)

Jan Peter Hecking                  jhecking at netgaroo.com
University of Rostock     Department of Computer Science
Homepage: http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~jhecking