[jdom-interest] XML Schema

Michael Brennan Michael_Brennan at Allegis.com
Fri Feb 9 17:38:26 PST 2001

Validation is the parser's chore, but there are other useful things that
could be done with a schema.

Microsoft's DOM implementation provides a property on nodes that allows you
to get the content of that node as a data value of an appropriate type
corresponding to the type declared in the schema (although they currently
use their own XDR schema format, not the W3C's XSD).

I think that would be a great feature for JDOM to add. That would relieve
developers of the chore of having to format/parse data types in the correct
format.