[jdom-interest] XML Schema

Boris Mann boris_mann at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 9 21:30:11 PST 2001

I don't think (from my minimal knowledge) that this is something that
should/would be handled by JDOM.

A very interesting project is Castor (http://www.castor.org). A short
excerpt from the feature list:

- Castor XML: Java object model to and from XML
   - Generate source code from an XML Schema

Basically, direct inter-working of XML Schema with Java objects (in both
directions). Now if only XML Schema were to hurry up and finalize,
already...

The direction that Microsoft is taking XML -- "extensions" that only work on
Windows platforms -- scares me.

-- Boris Mann

on 2/9/01 8:38 PM, Michael Brennan at mumbled something about: