[jdom-interest] Tracking changes

Christian Holmqvist acroo at iname.com
Wed Feb 21 08:15:12 PST 2001

Hi
I don't know what Josep is trying to do, but I'm in a simular situation.
A client - server - admin tool that has to be able to change it's behaivor
in runtime, i.e. when changes is done to the by the admin it should be done
to the server (XML file with settings) then an event to those client that is
interested in the change could listen to the the "XMLChangedEvent" based on
what element that is changed. That would ofcourse be preferbly...

Acctully runtime behaivour / changes / parsing and so on to the Document has
to be thought about, then the XML file can be used for more then just data
storage / transportation. (Just imagin that we just have to implement a DTD
/ Schema for all data validation instead of endless lines of code doing
nothing then checking so the data is valid *woow* *smile*)

/Christian