[jdom-interest] NoSuchMethodError while running samples

Nick Fankhauser nickf at ontko.com
Tue Feb 27 13:35:18 PST 2001

Jason's response:

> Try unsetting your CLASSPATH, then typing:
> javap org.jdom.Element

here's what I got:

Class 'org.jdom.Element' not found

Phillip's response:

> You just have to have beta-4 in your classpath somewhere.  Jason's
> suggestion was good, let us know.

This one got me thinking... I'm not the first occupant of this machine, and
it might have had a previous version installed, so I did a "find" on jdom*,
and found this:

...which I have now deleted.

Now when I recompile using this command:

javac -classpath
.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql.jar:  Exporter.java

I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Element

could it be that I need to do another "build" on jdom-b6 to clear out any
remnant of b4?

This is certainly progress, and I may be able to take it from here- I'll
holler for help again if I can't.

Thanks for the good suggestions & patience!