[jdom-interest] NoSuchMethodError while running samples

Steven Gould steven.gould at cgiusa.com
Tue Feb 27 23:28:58 PST 2001

Nick,

I'm using IBM's Java 2 JDK 1.3 with JDOM under Linux and not experiencing any
problems like this. I noticed in one of your earlier postings your said the Xerces
JAR was the first thing in your CLASSPATH. From the CLASSPATH you showed us it wasn't
- the current directory was. Although you should still go ahead and try the things
Jason and Philip suggested, you might also want to modify your CLASSPATH so that the
current directory, "." comes later - I'd suggest making it the last entry in your
CLASSPATH.

Steve

---