[jdom-interest] question on JDom document validation. Happy N ew Year

Feber, Mark Mark_Feber at bmc.com
Wed Jan 10 10:41:14 PST 2001

Thanks in advance for any info (also for JDOM).

As an extension to this question:

	Is there a way to validate against a dtd that exists only in a jar
file on the user's CLASSPATH?

I can validate against a file uri, but I haven't yet figured out how to make
it transparent.  Example:

in a doctype if I specfiy the URI as an path, it works:
<!DOCTYPE XXX SYSTEM "file:/some/path/foo.dtd">

or as ajar url with an  path built in:
<!DOCTYPE XXX SYSTEM "jar:file:/path/to/jarFile.jar!/com/foo/foo.dtd">

But how do you specify the URI for a jar file that just lives somewhere on a
CLASSPATH?  Hopefully, there's an obvious solution I haven't come across
yet.  Thanks,

	mark