[jdom-interest] question on JDom document validation. Happy New Year

Tom Bradford bradford at dbxmlgroup.com
Wed Jan 10 11:07:02 PST 2001

"Feber, Mark" wrote:
> But how do you specify the URI for a jar file that just lives somewhere on a
> CLASSPATH?  Hopefully, there's an obvious solution I haven't come across
> yet.  Thanks,

I'd say there isn't an easy way because of various reasons: Java
security and extensible classloading are two that leap into mind. One
solution (for future consideration) might be to create a Java class url
convention and retrieve the DTD as a resource relative to the Class.

Something like:

So you could do something like:

Tom Bradford
Founder & Chief Architect