[jdom-interest] JDOM and XSL

Shaun Smith shauns at pixology.com
Thu Jan 25 06:32:46 PST 2001

I'm hoping that the threading of the servlet container will be
ample for my current needs :)  Performance is pretty good, especially
when the templates are cached.  I have a lot of optimizations to do
in the database access layer, but the general volume of data is kept
reasonably small by using tricks like data staging.  I maintain
a list of the keys which matched a certain criteria and only pull
out a page at a time for instance.  It may be a good idea to factor
some of the work out to EJB's, the architecture
of the system will make this kind of change quite easy to do if/when
it's necessary.  I seem to remember Jason a few months back had
some comments on XML and EJB, maybe he'd like raise them for discussion
again?  The approach I'm currently using is yielding very good results
and a lot of flexibility (especially compared with JSP).
If you're interested I'll keep you posted on how things progress.