[jdom-interest] Dynamic DTD

Michael Herrick mherrick66 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:37:05 PST 2001

Greetings.

I saw a couple of posts in the archives, but none of them answered my
question quite right.

Is there a way for me to get an XML document and *dynamically* apply a DTD
to it?

I am building an app that gets a message response from a queue.  The
response is in XML.  I'd like to dynamically apply a DTD to it if I can.

If I can't, not a huge deal, but it would be very helpful to me.

Also, it seems that absolute references don't work so well to DTDs.  When I
would specify it as something like "c:\app\xml\temp.dtd", the parser would
choke on it, but "\app\xml\temp.dtd" was ok.  I found some posts on this,
but still don't really understand why this is ...

Any help on the above 2 q's?

Thanks!

Mike