[jdom-interest] Namespace not supported by SAXParser

John Muhlestein jmuhlestein at i-link.net
Wed Jul 18 12:44:25 PDT 2001

The exception that I continue to get is the "Namespace not supported by
SAXParser" which is coming from catch(TransformerException e).  Here is a
little more complete sample of what I am doing...

<code>
    try {
      Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance()
        .newTransformer(new StreamSource(xslUrl));

      // Transform the document and send the output to an OutputStream
      JDOMResult tresult = new JDOMResult();
      transformer.transform(new JDOMSource(originalDoc),tresult);   // where
originalDoc is and existing JDOM Document
      transformedDoc = tresult.getDocument();

    } catch (TransformerException e) {
      errorDump("transformer exception");
      errorDump(e.getMessage());
      WhlslException we = new WhlslException("Document Validation Error -
Unable to transform xml" , e);
      throw we;
    }
</code>

and here is the stack trace (it's a little nasty):

<trace>
  javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Namespace not
supported by SAXParser
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)

	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)

	at
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException.<init>(TransformerException.java:18
5)

	at
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException.<init>(TransformerConf
igurationException.java:93)

	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Transformer
FactoryImpl.java:684)

	at
com.ilink.whlsl.WhlslXMLProcessor.validate(WhlslXMLProcessor.java:165)

	at
com.ilink.whlsl.WhlslXMLProcessor.process(WhlslXMLProcessor.java:344)

	at com.ilink.whlsl.WhlslServlet.doPost(WhlslServlet.java:60)

	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java)

	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java)

	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)
</trace>

Again, this all seems to work fine when I pass in a document, it's when I
construct the document programatically.

thanks,
John