[jdom-interest] Not finding attributes on an element

Scott Ellsworth scott at alodar.com
Mon Jul 30 09:34:02 PDT 2001

Howdy.

I have a complicated program that used to work correctly until I synched up
to one of the recent builds.  I grabbed the latest on 7/27.

When I write a chunk of XML with JDOM, I use the code:

static final String RUNE_SKILL_NAME="is_rune_skill"
Element skill=new Element("skill", ns);
if (isRuneSkillItem.booleanPrimitiveValue())
skill.setAttribute(RUNE_SKILL_NAME, "true", ns);

The XML produced is:

<RQbyScott:skill RQbyScott:is_rune_skill="true">
</RQbyScott:skill>

I then try to read it with

String isRuneSkillString=skill.getAttributeValue(RUNE_SKILL_NAME, ns);
cat.debug("isRuneSkillString: "+isRuneSkillString);

RQbyScott is the proper name space, but isRuneSkillString is always null.

My parser is Xerces 1.3.0.

Any ideas?

Scott
Scott Ellsworth