[jdom-interest] Implementation of JAXP TraX Source and Result for

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Tue Mar 6 00:29:15 PST 2001

Hi,

Jason Hunter wrote:

> Protected inner class.  Sounds intriguing.  Could you explain how that
> helps you?

Well, if you really don't want to make SAXHandler public somewhere, I could
derive from SAXBuilder (instead of SAXHandler) to get access to SAXHandler if
it was a protected inner class.  Not a very nice design but I think it's still
better than simply pasting the code of SAXHandler in mine.

Additionally, making SAXHandler a protected inner class would also ease
subclassing of SAXBuilder when creating a custom builder.  Of course, again, a
public class would be better!

Laurent