[jdom-interest] schema validation for xml document through jdom

Cameron Smith cameron.smith at entranet.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 01:55:44 PST 2001

From: "Sibon Barman" <sibon at ss8.com>
To: "jdom-interest" <jdom-interest at jdom.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:54:21 -0500
Subject: [jdom-interest] schema validation for xml document through jdom

>Hi all,
>Is there any way to do schema validation of an xml document when jdom is
>used to read the document. I know there is a validation flag but it only
>checks for DTD if I am not mistaken. I only have schema ----- no DTD ----
>would it be possible for me to do schema validation?

The apache xerces parser supports schemas (although not all features yet) in
its latest stable release (1.3).

However I haven't actually got it to work yet- it will happily parse
documents which are invalid according to their schema (according to XMLSpy)
without throwing any parse exceptions.  Anyone know more about this?

	Cameron Smith, Software Developer
	Entranet Ltd

	Email:   cameron.smith at entranet.co.uk
	Tel:      44 (0) 131 247 7400
Fax:      44 (0) 131 247 7404

---------------------------------
	The information contained in this email and any attachment is
intended for and confidential to the addressee(s) only.

	If you have received this information in error and you are neither
the addressee nor an authorised recipient of the addressee, please notify
Entranet on 01491 878785 immediately and delete the email from your system.
Please note the information contained in, or attached to this email must not
be used, copied, or disseminated in any way.

	Unless approved literature of Entranet is included, any views or
opinions expressed are those of the sender and do not necessarily represent
those of Entranet.

	Please note Entranet accepts no liability for any viruses, which may
be transmitted in or with this email, nor does it accept responsibility for
any such data corruption, interception or unauthorised amendment which can
occur as a result of internet/email communications.

	Entranet - creators of online commerce
	<http://www.entranet.co.uk/>

	Entranet Limited
	Registered office - 4 Thames Court, Goring-On-Thames, Reading RG8
9AQ
	Registered in England No. 3267855