[jdom-interest] A little more info on DOMOutputter and Xalan transformation problems...

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Mar 16 00:11:00 PST 2001

> I know what causes this problem now, but am not sure if it
> is a bug in JDOM or a bug in Xalan. In a nutshell, when you
> create a JDOM Document then convert it into a DOM Document
> using the DOMOutputter, each Element in the newly created
> DOM Document reports an empty string as its Namespace URI:

That's probably due to the fact that the JDOM has a NO_NAMESPACE with ""
as its URI.  It's carrying through to DOM.  At minimum DOMOutputter
should be smarter.  The right solution is probably to have a better way
of handling no namespaces.  Need to investigate if there's any issues
with just using "null".