[jdom-interest] A little more info on DOMOutputter and Xalan transformation problems...

Jochen Strunk strunk at signal7.de
Fri Mar 16 00:58:26 PST 2001

At 00:11 16.03.2001 -0800, you wrote:
> > I know what causes this problem now, but am not sure if it
> > is a bug in JDOM or a bug in Xalan. In a nutshell, when you
> > create a JDOM Document then convert it into a DOM Document
> > using the DOMOutputter, each Element in the newly created
> > DOM Document reports an empty string as its Namespace URI:
>
>That's probably due to the fact that the JDOM has a NO_NAMESPACE with ""
>as its URI.  It's carrying through to DOM.  At minimum DOMOutputter
>should be smarter.  The right solution is probably to have a better way
>of handling no namespaces.  Need to investigate if there's any issues
>with just using "null".

There was a proposal last week by Philip Nelson which addresses this issue.
-> [jdom-interest] First pass at Namespace revision[eg] under #3

jochen strunk

(-) Jochen Strunk
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665402, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) strunk at signal7.de, www.signal7.de