[jdom-interest] JRun and JDom

Julien Dubois jdubois at contenteurope.com
Fri Mar 23 01:18:56 PST 2001

Hi Tako,

Yes, those two librairies are useful!! :-))
They are part of the Java extension packages that are provided with JRun.
And JRun is using them to parse the web.xml files : launch your JRun
administration console, you will probably have some trouble with the
left-hand side tree.

So, you have two solutions.
1. You want to use Xerces as your main parser.
This is what I do, but this is not the solution I would recommand (I do this
because I need Xerces to use Apache SOAP).
Just put your xerces.jar file at the beginning of your classpath in your
JRun global.properties file.
Mine looks like that :
jrun.classpath=C:/OmctApp/tools/xerces-1_3_0/xerces.jar;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/e
xt;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/jrun.jar;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/install.jar

2. You want to stay with the standard Java extension, and in that case use
JAXP. I do this for my production servers.
JAXP is provided by sun (java.sun.com).
Download JAXP 1.1 : you will get 3 files -> crimson.jar, jaxp.jar, xalan.jar

Just put them in your JRun lib directory - yes, replace your old jaxp.jar by
this one.
And voilà, it should work.

Julien Dubois.

uraddr at yourhost.com