[jdom-interest] Re: getAttribute("prefix:name")

D Gross justdave at onebox.com
Mon Mar 26 08:14:45 PST 2001

> From: philip.nelson at omniresources.com
> To: jdom-interest at jdom.org
> Subject: RE: [jdom-interest] Re: getAttribute("prefix:name")
> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:47:10 -0600
>
> > Which is why I suggested the alternative signature (String, String).
>
> This signature is already in use. Attribute(name, value);  We just
> removed
> what is probably closer to what you wanted
> Attribute(name, prefix, uri, value)

> This was because the (name, value, Namespace) made more sense and because
> the order of parameters was confusing.
>
> Perhaps I should have read your post more clearly.

Read it one more time. ;-)  I'm looking for getAttribute(String, String)
not a constructor Attribute(String, String).  I don't see a getAttribute(String,
String), so there shouldn't be a conflict.

Not sure if getAttribute() is that high of a performance concern, either.
 Could it be you were thinking of the constructor when you mentioned
that?  I don't see it normally being used in any tight loops.  In which
case my first suggestion of handling getAttribute("prefix:name") may
still be appropriate.

Thanks,
-- Dave Gross