[jdom-interest] Problems Retrieving data from CDATA

Richard Cook rpc at prismtechnologies.com
Tue May 8 11:45:29 PDT 2001

import org.jdom.*;
import org.jdom.input.*;
import java.io.*;

public class CData
   private final String testData = "<?xml version = '1.0'?> <rootTag>
<tag1>Kyle</tag1> <tag2>kyle</tag2> <tag3>Kyle</tag3> <tag4>\n" +
    "<![CDATA[\n" +
      "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n" +
      "<exampleCDATA>\n" +
        "<Kyle>test</Kyle>\n" +
	"<Gregg>Test</Gregg>\n" +
	"<John>Test</John>\n" +
      "</exampleCDATA>\n" +
    "]]>\n" +
  "</tag4> </rootTag>";
   public static void main(String [] args)
      try {
         new CData().run();
      catch (Exception e) {
         System.err.println("Except: " + e);
   public void run() throws Exception
      SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
      Document doc = builder.build(new StringReader(testData));
      Element root = doc.getRootElement();
      String text = root.getChild("tag4").getText();
      text = text.trim();

      Document newDoc = builder.build(new StringReader(text));
      java.util.Iterator iter =
      while (iter.hasNext()) {