[jdom-interest] Newbie - w3c.dom.Element to jdom.Element conversion error

Kerry Hew khew at pixion.com
Thu May 10 16:04:33 PDT 2001

Hi, my code is below.  As a stand-alone app, everything works perfectly.
But when I throw this into a bean method I get the following error:

org.jdom.JDOMException: Exception outputting Element meetinglist:
org.w3c.dom.Document: method
not found

I truly do not understand.  Thank you in advance for your help.

try {
    java.io.File file = new java.io.File("C:/meetings.xml");
    Document jdomDocument = saxBuilder.build(file);
    DOMOutputter domOutputter = new DOMOutputter();
    org.w3c.dom.Element domElement =
    org.jdom.Element jdomElement = domBuilder.build(domElement);
    start(jdomElement);     //jdomElement is the root <meetinglist>
catch (JDOMException e) {