[jdom-interest] XSLT-Performance with Xalan/TrAX/JDOM

Tobias Rademacher toby-wan-kenobi at gmx.de
Thu May 24 08:19:52 PDT 2001

Hi Stephan,

you can increase performance by using another TraX-supporting Java XSLT
Processor. I use Saxon or jd.xslt. They are a bit faster than Xalan. Xt is
currently the fastest availabe XSLT Processor, but it doesn't support
xsl:key element and TraX API. Xt is even faster than Sun XSLT Compiler
(which isn't able to support xsl:key as well).  JDOMResult and JDOMSource
are built on top of SAXResult and SAXSource. JDOM is a little bit slower
than DOM in built, as last performance mailings reported. Otherwise DOM is
much more memory-intensive. I tend to use JDOM because of its internal
structure and it lightweight behavior (consider memory). Saving a few ms
should't matter in most cases.

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!