[jdom-interest] Problem using Tip: Using JDOM and XSLT by Brett McLaughlin

Ian Lea ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 02:34:12 PDT 2001

I tend to avoid PipedInput/Output streams wherever possible
since they have considerable scope for lockups.  Perhaps you
could use StringReaders/Writers or the ByteArray equivalents
instead.

Or look into JDOMSource and JDOMResult, or, unless you are
tied to Xalan, look at Saxon which has a DocumentWrapper
class which wraps a JDOM Document and feeds it straight into
a transformer.  I use code like this:

        import ...
        import com.icl.saxon.jdom.DocumentWrapper;

        Document jdoc = buildJdoc(xml);
        DocumentWrapper docw = new DocumentWrapper(jdoc, null);
	StreamResult baossr = new StreamResult(baos);
	getSaxonTransformer(xsl).transform(docw, baossr);

and then do what I want with the output.

--
Ian.
ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk