[jdom-interest] Thread safe question: OK for simultaneous rea d-only access?

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon Oct 29 17:36:40 PST 2001

Wrappers can be implemented very well without interfaces + default
implementation.  ;-)

I agree with the general consensus that a JDOM document doesn't need provide
thread safety.  A specific application could subclass the various JDOM
mutatators it was going to use and syncronize on the Doctype.  If the
Element hadn't been added to a document, it really wouldn't matter much,
unless you were trying to build your own Lists outside of JDOM.  In that
case, there wouldn't be much we could do anyway.