[jdom-interest] public java.lang.String org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter.outputString(Document doc)

Rasmus Pedersen RUP at sjp.dk
Tue Dec 3 04:27:23 PST 2002

Hi,

I have a question about the way to extract the string representation from an Document object. The documentation states the following (see below) and I wonder why it is stated that top performance is not achieved with this method (public java.lang.String org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter.outputString(Document doc).
The way I see it is that it should be fast enough to set String object and return the reference to it???

Cheers, Rasmus