[jdom-interest] Memory bug?

Billerby Erik erik.billerby at consultant.volvo.com
Fri Dec 13 01:34:17 PST 2002

I'm using jdom to construct a pretty large xml-file (757 kb). When I'm outputting the document to a file the computer begins consuming a LOT of memory (app. 245 MB).

I'm using the latest code from cvs, so the StringBuffer bug discussed here should be solved. (I'm using jdk 1.3.0, so this bug should not appear anyway?)

This is the code where the memory peak starts...

outputter.output(dBackup, zipoutputstream);

dBackup is my document and its writing to a ZipOutputStream.

Regards
/Erik