[jdom-interest] Re: JDOM document over SOAP

Mark S Petrovic petrovic at corp.earthlink.net
Sun Feb 3 19:33:57 PST 2002

I ran across this interesting post while searching for tips for
sending a JDOM document from a SOAP service to a SOAP client:

>    Most of the SOAP example code uses SOAP's bundled-in marshalling
>    methods to set the outgoing parameters and values. Unless
>    you're sending something complicated I found it best to use
>    the Call object and a Vector to set the parameters. When SOAP
>    returns a response it gives you a Response object, which is
>    an XML document.

>    SAXBuilder responseSAXTree = new SAXBuilder();
>    Document doc = responseSAXTree.build( response );

>    will create a JDOM object that you can use to read and manipulate
>    to find the results of the call. You may find the SoapObject
>    code in Load, an open-source project I manage, to be helpful
>    in learning SOAP. Load is at http://www.pushtotest.com.

>    -Frank

>    -- Frank Cohen,
>    founder, PushToTest, www.pushtotest.com, phone: 408 374 7426
>    Come to PushToTest for Load, a free open-source tool for
>    performance and scalability testing and data migration.

The elegance of this solution is quite appealing.  However, a
version of the build() method of the SAXBuilder class that takes
an argument of type Response seems not to exist.

How does one address this?

Thank you.