[jdom-interest] JDOMExecption NoClassDefFoundError

Fellows, Nina L nina.fellows at eds.com
Mon Feb 18 10:46:13 PST 2002

I am receiving a NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException.  When
compiling I received an error stating that I need to throw or catch the
JDOMException.  I put a catch around it.  My classpath has the
xerces.jar;jdom.jar;build\classes in that order. I can see the JDOMException
class in jdom.jar.  What is going on?  Below is the code:

import org.jdom.*;
//import org.jdom.JDOMException;
import org.jdom.DocType;
import org.jdom.Document;
import org.jdom.Element;
import org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder;
import org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter;

import org.xml.sax.*;
  public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException
  {
      String tmp = null;
      Document inDoc = null;
      boolean doValidate = false; // use validating parser
      SAXBuilder builder = null;
      XMLOutputter outputter = null;
      ByteArrayOutputStream bytes = null;

	response.setContentType("text/html");

	PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

      builder = new SAXBuilder(doValidate);
      try {
       inDoc = builder.build(new ByteArrayInputStream(tmp.getBytes()));
      }
      catch (org.jdom.JDOMException je) {}
}

Thanks for any help!