[jdom-interest] FilterList and Filter

Jools Enticknap jools at jools.org
Mon Jan 7 14:55:37 PST 2002

> I assumed that I could call getChildren and then apply a filter to the
> returned FilterList. But I can't do this. So I was wondering what the
> purpose of Filter and FilterList were and where I would use them.

FilterList is a List which can be Filtered (sorry I could'nt resist!).

FilterList there in order to wrap an arraylist containg live data and only
allow certain operations on the live data based on the Filter.

All of the Filters required for normal JDOM operation have already been
written.

As for where you would you them, normally never. Unless you have a special
requirement.

--Jools