[jdom-interest] How can i Use different versions of the same java library in the same project??

Daniel Hoppe hoppe at sitewaerts.de
Wed Jan 30 08:44:44 PST 2002

Pedro,

I see three options:

- the vendor moves to a current jdom beta.
- the vendor moves it's old jdom library to a different package
(com.vendor.jdom.xxx instead of org.jdom.xxx), don't know if the license
allows this, but that's what e.g. BEA does with the Apache packages to
prevent this kind of problems.
- Depending on your setup you might be able to have both versions in
different partitions of your classloader. This solution might not be
possible in a lot of setups and could be quite error-prone.

Regards from Germany,

Daniel