[jdom-interest] attributes

Tim Dunnington tim.dunnington at quovadx.com
Wed Jan 30 11:35:33 PST 2002

I had a general question about attributes in the jdom structure.  I've
noticed that when an attribute is changed, the existing attribute
reference is dropped and it's replaced with a new one.

What is the reasoning behind this?

We are using jdom for a general-purpose tree, with the handy-dandy
benefit of being able to query and serialize the tree with xpath and
xml.  However, I'm running into more and more work-arounds to deal with
the fact that attributes do not persist.

I intend to override that functionality in my subclassed Element object.
I want to make sure I don't have to learn the hard way why attributes
don't persist in jdom :)

Thanks,
Tim