[jdom-interest] XSLT output problems

Polina R.Thompson Polina.Thompson at dig.com
Thu Jul 11 15:55:59 PDT 2002

I am using JDOM and Xalan to manipulate a source XML document format to a
different XML output format. I use XSL stylesheets to define the output
format. The data and element names transform correctly, but xsl:output
directions set in the stylesheet are completely ignored. Somewhere in the
creation of JDOMResult or in its getDocument() method, that information is
lost.

I have a work around in place (where I retrieve the xsl:output information
from the stylesheet, and then manipulate the resulting document, adding
CDATA and setting DocType before the Document is written to file) but I
wanted to see if anyone could suggest a cleaner solution.

Thanks!