[jdom-interest] cannot create xmlns namespace?

Phillip Rhodes spamsucks at rhoderunner.com
Sat Jul 20 09:42:05 PDT 2002

Hi everyone.
I am trying to create an xhtml document with jdom.
Here is an example fragment of the document that I want to generate in jdom.

I did the following:
Namespace ns2 = Namespace.getNamespace("xmlns",
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");
Element html = new Element("html",ns2);

It errors out when I try to create this namespace because it begins with
"xml".
The specific error is:
The name "xmlns" is not legal for JDO M/XML Namespace prefixs: Namespace
prefixes cannot begin with "xml" in any combination of case. [java] at
org.jdom.Namespace.getNamespace(Namespace.java:161) Ruby Test

Is there a way to generate this element with this namepace?

If I can do this, great!  But I fear that at this point you are saying,
"what the heck do you want to do this for?"
I am programmatically generating this document as an xhtml file that I will
transform into fo using a stylesheet.
If I don't put this namepace declaration in my html element, the
transformation to fo fails.  Here is what I think is the applicable part of
the xsl file:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">