[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder and Piccolo

Martin Schulz schulz at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 14 18:44:13 PST 2002

I'm trying to use Piccolo (1.0.3) to build JDOM (b8) Documents.  On JVM
1.4.1, Windows, I'm running:

    static {
        String parserClassName = "com.bluecast.xml.Piccolo";
        System.setProperty("org.xml.sax.parser", parserClassName);

    SAXBuilder b = new SAXBuilder(false);

And get the following (after uncommenting the exception traces in
SAXBuilder, the lines may be off a little):

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder can
not access a member of class
com.bluecast.xml.JAXPSAXParserFactory$JAXPSAXParser with modifiers
        at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:57)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.createParser(SAXBuilder.java:459)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:335)

Shouldn't the inner class JAXPSAXParser be declared public (if I do
that, it works for me), and why hasn't this been noted before?

Also, SAXBuilder.createParser() should configure the parser factory to
be namespace aware on request, shouldn't it?