[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder and Piccolo

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Fri Nov 15 13:24:03 PST 2002

> Shouldn't the inner class JAXPSAXParser be declared public (if I do
> that, it works for me), and why hasn't this been noted before?

Seems like it, but it's an internal class to Piccolo, so you may want to
ask them.  Perhaps they aren't anticipating such usage.

> Also, SAXBuilder.createParser() should configure the parser factory to
> be namespace aware on request, shouldn't it?

I believe the current code does a lot of configuration on the parser
itself rather than using the JAXP factory.  I believe the reason is that
there need to be more changes than just what JAXP exposes, so they're
all done in one place on the parser itself.