SV: [jdom-interest] Memory problem

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at
Mon Oct 21 04:21:01 PDT 2002

At 8:53 PM +0200 10/17/02, Marcus Andersson wrote:
I have perhaps not used the most scientific way. I comment out the
code that builds the document and checks how big the program becomes.
Then I uncomment the lines that builds the document and then checks
the size again. I then take the second value and subtract with the
first value. Very simple. The "program" is a RMI object and the only
thing that happens before the document parsing is that I bind the RMI
object to the registry. The program takes about 40Mb without the
document and about 150Mb with the document (which tells me that I
have to revise what I said earlier, the document is "only" about
110Mb big in memory).

You say you're using RMI. Are you actually serializing the Document
using object serialization?

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo at | Writer/Programmer |
|  |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:      |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News:    |