[jdom-interest] Turning of entity expansion

ion vnhu38f93 at subdimension.com
Wed Sep 11 05:08:47 PDT 2002

Interestingly I used this kludge in a program:

    * Converts plain text marked up in XML to a JDOM tree and then appends
    * the contents of this tree to the Element provided.
   private void addToElement(Element element, String content) {
      SAXBuilder builder; Document hack;
      content = "<hack>"+content+"</hack>";
      try {
         builder = new SAXBuilder();
         hack = builder.build(
            new StringReader(content)

         Iterator itr = hack.getRootElement().getChildren().iterator();
         while(itr.hasNext()) {
      } catch(Exception e) {