[jdom-interest] TrAX feature strings

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Sep 16 07:56:47 PDT 2002

JDOMResult has the following field:

public final static String JDOM_FEATURE =
                       "http://org.jdom.transform.JDOMResult/feature";

JDOMSource has:

   public final static String JDOM_FEATURE =
                       "http://org.jdom.transform.JDOMSource/feature";

Five years of teaching people about namespaces has made me extremely
leary of using any string that starts with "http://" and isn't
resolvable.  I suggest we change the features strings to something like
these:

public final static String JDOM_FEATURE =

"http://www.jdom.org/org.jdom.transform.JDOMResult/feature";

public final static String JDOM_FEATURE =

"http://www.jdom.org/org.jdom.transform.JDOMSource/feature";

and then put a page there.

Alternately, we could make them something that clearlyisn't a URL such
as "org.jdom.transform.JDOMResult/feature" and
"org.jdom.transform.JDOMSource/feature". However, an unresolvable URL
will confuse people.