[jdom-interest] Namespace issues, et al.

Malachi de AElfweald malachi at tremerechantry.com
Tue Feb 25 22:18:53 PST 2003

Perhaps some of the confusion comes from the concept of validation.
When I see the <a> tag, I expect the dtd/xsd to specify how to interpret
that tag. In the same sense, I also expect it to specify how to interpret
the 'href' attribute, unless it is prefixed with a different namespace
(say, xhtml:href or html:href)...

I understand now that the namespace has nothing to do with the actual
dtd/xsd -- but I think that is where the confusion came from. I was seeing
the dtd/xsd as
defining the structure of that namespace (for example, the XHTML spec is
titled
the XHTML Namespace)....  Thus, xhtml:href says that it is the 'href' as
defined
in the xhtml dtd, whereas html:href would say that it is the 'href' as
defined in
the html dtd....

Now, regardless of whether that logic is correct, incorrect, or somewhere
in-between -- I think that is where the confusion comes from.

Malachi