[jdom-interest] JDOM and schema

Brian Ales bka202 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 20:09:01 PST 2003

Hi
I'm new to JDOM so forgive me if my question is basic,
but can JDOM (via Sax/Xerces2) read and validate
schema independantly of instance documents?

I'd like to create/read/edit schemas that use
namespaces from other schemas.  I was reading in one
post that for a schema, the best solution is
Castor.org's schema model, which uses Java types
whenever possible for a direct memory representation
of the W3C elements/attributes etc.

I've also read that namespace-compliant parsers can't
be used to read schema, so I'm leaning towards Castor
(except their website's been down for 36 hours or so
now, which doesn't inspire confidence :-).

Anybody mind helping out a newcomer?

Thanks!
Brian