[jdom-interest] Re: Signing jdom.jar and xerces.jar

Phill_Perryman at Mitel.COM Phill_Perryman at Mitel.COM
Tue Jul 8 08:47:26 PDT 2003

I use JDOM with webstart (hope you don't have any Microsoft authenticating
proxy servers in the way) and use a signed B9 jar file

c:\was\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin\jarsigner -keystore
c:\was\workspace\mpt_build\mptKeystore
c:\was\workspace\mpt_build\webstart\mpt\lib\jdom.jar mpt

So it is possible but this is all in a windows environment. If you are
using 1.4.1 you don't actually need xerces as JDOM works fine with the jdk
unless you want a particular version of xerces.

/Phill
IS Dept, Software Engineer.
phill_perryman at mitel.com
http://www.mitel.com
Tel: +44 1291 436023

"Bart Read" <bart.read at uk.lionbioscience.com>
Sent by: jdom-interest-admin at jdom.org
08/07/2003 15:19

        To:     <jdom-interest at jdom.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [jdom-interest] Re: Signing jdom.jar and xerces.jar

Hi All,

I'm using JDOM for some prototyping with an application that runs using
Java Web Start.  I've modified my JNLP file and have set everything up
correctly as far as I'm aware.  But I now need to sign both jdom.jar and
xerces.jar.  The problem is that every time I try to sign jdom.jar I get
an error message saying the JAR cannot be signed.  Do I need to build it
from scrach or something?

Anybody got any ideas?  I'm using blackdown J2SDK v1.4.1 on Red Hat 7.1.

Many thanks,
Bart