[jdom-interest] ValidityException

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Jun 18 06:29:45 PDT 2003

At 7:21 PM -0700 6/17/03, Jason Hunter wrote:
>I'm thinking we should punt on this change unless we can more
>reliably report validity errors.  From what you're saying, SAX
>itself doesn't reliably tell you when there's a validity error.
>Thus it'll be pretty hard to have JDOM deliver this information.  I
>don't want to see ValidityException have false positives or false
>negatives.

OK. I'll probably explore this further in XOM, but for now if you
don't want to put this in that's fine. If I find a more reliable way
to do this I'll let you know.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA