[jdom-interest] Newbie question re: validation

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Mon Mar 10 08:11:32 PST 2003

The real solution is to get the latest CVS code (until there's a beta 9)
and use SAXBuilder. This will be faster and you can set validation
however you want.

Alex

Brian Ales writes:

> So for now I'm using a Xerces DOMparser into DOMBuil
> der, and that's working OK in terms of performance.  But I'm curious
about se
> tting validation - what's the difference between using the DOMBuilder
constru
> ctor with the boolean parameter, and using setFeature() on the parser
underne
> ath it?
>
> parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
true);

The boolean flag for validation in DOMBuilder is deprecated in the
lastest
cvs code. It doesn't make sense to validate a already valid document.

Brad