SV: SV: SV: [jdom-interest] How do you do it in JDOM?

Per Norrman pernorrman at
Tue Feb 17 15:22:08 PST 2004

Xerces and Crimson reports the namespace URI for the xml prefix.
JDOM checks that the namespace URI really is the correct URI, and
barfs if not. XOM (Elliotte's API*) just ignores the namspace URI
for the xml prefix (at least that's the impression I get from code),
so your stuff would probably work there. And I believe DOM4J does the
same (i.e. igonres the URI).

Who's right? Don't know. But the path of least resistance is to just
add the namespace URI in your XMLReader implementation.